Are you a passionate young leader interested in conservation? The Canadian Committee for the International Union for Conservation of Nature (CCIUCN) is looking for youth volunteers (18-30 years old) to become 2021-2022 CCIUCN Youth Ambassadors. The successful Youth Ambassadors will have the opportunity to contribute to many different projects over the two year term and as a result, hone their transferable skills, such as networking, project coordination and youth engagement. Successful applicants will work alongside the Young Professionals Committee to connect youth to nature and the CCIUCN through activities like taking on a leadership role at the IUCN Global Youth Summit, and helping to establish the Young Canadian Professional Network for Conservation.
The CCIUCN values the participation of young people from all different realities and cultural communities in Canada, as such there is funding and resources available to alleviate any barriers to participating in this program (i.e. technological support, translation or interpretation etc…). If you have any questions or suggestions please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Ambassadors will be 18-30 years old, and Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Value will be placed on finding candidates to reflect Canada’s diversity – including varying geograpies, cultures, genders, and experiences.
- Youth Ambassadors should have strong leadership qualities.
- Strong interest in conservation and/or related activities
- Fluency in one of IUCN’s official languages and working knowledge of English is expected. Fluency in more than one of the languages is an asset.
- Participants must be willing to commit to a minimum of 5 hours/week for a full 2 year term beginning in March of 2021 and ending in December 2022.
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/kNmKcEEivNXjdbw88
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm EST on February 15th, 2021.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the position or application process.